Bombus vosnesenskii buzzing tomato flower. (Photo by Neal Williams)
This section includes research projects at UC Davis, biology, pollination and conservation.
Research Projects at UC Davis
- The role of landscape connectivity and configuration for pollinator persistence.
--Neal Williams, Claire Kremen, Laura Morandin, et al.
- Hedge row restoration to enhance pollinations, pollination service and other beneficial insects
--Claire Kremen and Lora Morandin
- Native plant forb mixes to promote pollinator health and pollination.
- Stability/sustainabiity of crop pollinaton
--Neal Williams and Rachael Winfree (Rutgers)
- Monitoring populations of endangered bumble bees
- Vernal pool restoration.
- Monitoring of insects at the Haagen-Dazs Honey Haven site
- Native Bee Benefits pamphlet (Neal Williams, Emily McGlynn, Rachael Winfree)
- Native bee monitoring protocols and discussion blog
- Native bee nesting site resources
--Compiled by Robbin Thorp